Saturday 16 October 2021

Creating a New Plan

 16/10/21

Today, I wanted to just make a bit more of a better, more detailed plan as I've started to feel a bit overwhelmed by the prospect of finishing both of these projects in the next couple of months. My initial plan wasn't as in depth enough for me to understand where I am properly in the scheme of this project so I have made a couple of better devices to help myself keep track of everything.


Here is the method I decided to use for tracking both the projects overall. At the top it tracks the weeks and down the side it tracks the tasks I need to do, the coloured squares in the middle is when, ideally I want to finish the tasks by to hopefully have my projects completed in time. I have already started to fill this out with what I have already completed, I feel I am somewhat on track so far which I didn't think so this has helped me to feel a bit calmer about things.
I did have to shift some things about from my initial plan as I think zbrush has been taking me a bit longer than I thought so I want to give myself an extra week for modelling than I had done. This meant that I have extended the amount of weeks that I am going to do this to up until the hand in, hopefully I am able to work consistently over Christmas.


I also created a more in depth Trello board to help myself break down the tasks here and see them in a more manageable and detailed way - I can also include specific blog tasks I need to do and also other things such as research or traditional work.

I am hoping with these two planning devices I can have much more steady and informed progress, in comparison to my previous planning its much more in depth and hopefully helpful for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Soft Blue - Final Review

06/05/22 - Week 17 Now that I have finished my projects I will review them over and see where I went wrong, could have improved or what I am...