Wednesday 6 October 2021

Finishing the Design

 06/10/21 - Week 1

Today, I focused on getting the design of the captain finished. This is really important as I plan to try to get into Zbrush as quick as possible to create the best, cleanest outcome I can. There's still a lot I need to learn in Zbrush especially since I haven't modelled in this style before.

Here is my ref board for my Captain design. I haven't changed too much but I did end up making a couple changes to make the character more readable. I intended to try adding some colour today but I ended up finding this a lot more difficult than I expected so I have just added some values in for now. I found that the colour was making the character a lot less readable and I don't know how fix this at the moment. Overall, I think that the design for the character is super fun and I'm excited to start creating this in 3D. Hopefully my design is a bit different from others and has some uniqueness and intrigue to it. One thing I am still a bit worried about is the amount of story in my character, I am not too sure how far the brief wants me to take this and I am still thinking about more ways to add story to my design - I need to come up with a more solid backstory for my captain to be able to work on this.

To help myself with the sculpt I created a few different angles for the face. This was mainly to make things easier when thinking about style and how that would effect the face anatomy and looks especially when its not from front view. I also really wanted to get the fun, bright and bubbly look into my character, I struggled with this at first but by looking at different references of characters that have that attitude to them I noticed the pattern in large, rounded eyes and high, thin eyebrows. I am hoping this translates well when I begin my sculpt.
Tomorrow, I plan to start sculpting the face with these references I have drawn for myself. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Soft Blue - Final Review

06/05/22 - Week 17 Now that I have finished my projects I will review them over and see where I went wrong, could have improved or what I am...