Sunday 14 November 2021

Cart Scene Plan & Blockout

 10-12/11/21 - Week 6

To start the next project of the Professional Practice Briefs, I wanted to try to get a plan of the scene down first so I would know everything that I would need to sculpt and model.
I sort of wanted to mirror the initial reference by having the cart outside of a shop as I thought this would make for a nice story and had lots of potential with lighting. I started looking for some references that I thought would be suitable for this.


I went for some Victorian shopfronts which I thought matched the style of the fruit cart, I especially liked the bottom image that had the groceries in the window and it already has a bench in front so I could really envision the cart being in that spot of the window. I also liked some of the curvature from the shops as it added a lot of depth to them and I wanted to include this in my scene.


Here is my current plan for the fruit cart and it's diorama. I have a couple issues with it that I will need to ask about after reading week, the main one is if this idea is possible as it does make it so you can't easily see the back of the cart which I understand should be the main asset here. I will probably make one without the background as well and hopefully this will make up for this. I would just like to show my hard surface modelling skills a bit more than just the cart in this project. Feedback will be important for this next week but luckily it is still very easily changeable in its current state.


I also blocked this scene out in max to get an idea of what I was working with and also to work off of in the coming weeks. I plan to quickly get this into unreal next week and put some basic lighting down to test this too if my idea is acceptable.


Since the cart is an unchangeable aspect of the project I started working into this in Max. At the moment I plan to go into Zbrush with the cart to get some of the specific details in such as the degrading wood, especially on the corners which have become smoothed down over time. Hopefully this will make the project look a lot more authentic and an easier job when it comes to working in substance painter.

Overall, I made some good progress this week but with it being reading week I was a bit cautious not to take things too far yet as I want to get some verification with some of the work I have done and the ideas I currently have.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Soft Blue - Final Review

06/05/22 - Week 17 Now that I have finished my projects I will review them over and see where I went wrong, could have improved or what I am...