Wednesday 10 November 2021

Unwrapping

 08-09/11/21 - Week 6

These past couple of days have been used on unwrapping my character so that once I revisit it in the coming weeks it will be ready for texturing straight away. With the texture limit of 1024 per meter, I decided to spilt my character into 5 maps - 6 if you count the eyes; Skin - 512, Hair - 1024, Clothes - 1024, Clothes 2 - 1024, accessories - 512.  With these texture maps this should create just under 2 x 2048 which I'm hoping is reasonable, from what I've read this should be alright though I am prepared to further reduce these if necessary. I decided to split the clothes into two different maps to fit the textile density since they would have needed a 2048 to fit the resolution - but splitting it into two means I can get enough resolution on all of it to have two 1024 which is much better space wise.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Soft Blue - Final Review

06/05/22 - Week 17 Now that I have finished my projects I will review them over and see where I went wrong, could have improved or what I am...